The AG-AC160A AVCCAM HD handheld camcorder incorporates top production features including variable frame rate recording in 1080p; Linear PCM audio; an HD-SDI output; and switchability between 59.94Hz/50Hz for worldwide use. The AC160A is equipped with high-sensitivity 1/3; full-HD 2.2 megapixel U.L.T. (Ultra Luminance Technology) 3-MOS imager as well as 22X HD zoom lens (the longest in its class); to offer a wide field of view and operability much like an interchangeable lens. In addition; the AG-AC160A features Turbo-Speed One-Push Auto Focus to focus on objects in less than 0.5 seconds; and Expanded Auto Focus Assist that enlarges the center of an image. Both advanced functions enable quick and accurate focusing.
Offering high-quality HD recording utilizing MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 high-profile encoding; the AC160A records video in four professional AVCCAM HD recording modes at 60Hz; including the highest-quality PH mode (average 21 Mbps/Max 24Mbps); the HA mode (approx.17 Mbps); the extended recording HE mode (approx. 6 Mbps); and a PM mode (approx. 8 Mbps; 720p only). The AC160 has an additional feature that allows switching between 59.94 Hz or 50 Hz to support video production systems used around the world. At 50Hz; the AC160A also records in 1080/50i and 1080/25p; in 720/50p and 720/25p; and in 576/50i and 576/25p.
The AC160A’s Variable Frame Rate (VFR) function was inherited from the Panasonic VariCam HD Cinema Cameras. VFR provides overcranking for slow-motion and undercranking for fast-motion effects. The AC160A offers 22-step variable frame rate capability in 1080/23.98pN; 29.97p and 25p.
• Three independent adjustable rings for zoom; focus and iris
• HD-SDI output; HDMI output (AVCHD only); USB 2.0 (mini B-type); and IEEE 1394 output (DV only);
• Two locking XLR inputs with switches for mic/line; two RCA audio outputs; and +48V Phantom Power capability
• Pre-record; interval recording; shot marker and metadata capture
• Waveform and vectorscope display; focus assists; auto focus with face detection
• White balance; mode display; zebra display; color bar; tally lamps; 4-position ND optical filter controls
• Slow shutter and synchro-scan shutter functions
• Built-in stereo microphone
• Records two channels of LPCM audio in the PH and DV modes; and Dolby Digital in all HD modes
• Two wired remote control terminals (for zoom; focus; iris; REC start/stop controls)
• Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S) for smooth stable shooting
• Built-in SMPTE time-code generator/reader
• Dynamic Range Stretch (DRS) which helps compensate for wide variations in lighting
• Widescreen 1;226;000-pixel LCOS color viewfinder
• Widescreen 921;000-pixel 3.45-inch LCD color monitor
• Weighs just over 5 lbs.
• Power consumption is under 12 watts
• Extended warranty options are available. Visit the Panasonic Asset Support System (PASS) website for more information.
You can upgrade your AG-AC130 or AG-AC160 camcorder to include 2 new features — Expanded Auto Focus Assist and Turbo-Speed One-Push Auto Focus. The cost of this upgrade is $300 and is handled by a local Panasonic service professional.